About the Position
Towson Tavern is seeking a responsible line cook who is eager to learn and further his/her career. Our Executive Chef stays true to cooking a menu that is globally inspired and sources only the best locally grown & raised ingredients from the Maryland & Mid-Atlantic region.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, organized, and ambitious with great general knowledge of food practices and cooking techniques.
- Candidates must possess excellent organizational skills and be focused, fast, and consistent.
- Candidates must possess good knife skills and be able to prepare ingredients for the line cooks to compose dishes.
- Canidates should have previous experience in cooking and following recipes.
- Candidates are responsible for cleaning, cutting, and organizing all produce that enters the kitchen.
- Candidates are responsible for following recipes and preparing stocks, sauces, etc…
- Cleanliness and proper technique are required.
- We will only consider resumes of those who have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a like-minded kitchen and are familiar with casual fine dining to fine dining restaurants.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Candidates are expected to be punctual with no exceptions.
- Candidates for DINNER SERVICE must have a FULLY FLEXIBLE schedule.
- Candidates for LUNCH SERVICE must be available Monday through Friday mornings & afternoons.